There is no shortage of things to see and do in Kinsale and surrounding areas as the and Tracton Arts Festivals take place from 6th-9th July!
Kinsale Arts Weekend has a full programme, available at Kinsale Tourist Office and at the Box office, 23 Main Street, Kinsale with plenty of gigs, exhibitions, studio tours and a busking competition on Sunday! Check out the Mick Flannery gig tomorrow Saturday 8th July at The White Lady – tickets €22.50 available at the Box Office, The White Lady and Write On.
The Third Tracton Arts Festival has a number of features, listed as follows as well as an exhibition to mark the tenth anniversary of the Tracton Artists group, that comprises painters, sculptors, ceramicists, photographers, wood turners and mixed media artists, all of whom live in the locality. Further info on www.theinkwelltheatre.org
Events and features of the Tracton Arts Festival include:
* live music from Luka Bloom, Jack O’Rourke and others
* cabaret night with improv comedy, live jazz and soul
* films such as Glassland and a new documentary on Vermeer
* workshops on animation, painting and raku pottery
* presentations with slides and film, on poetry, photography, science and art
* visits to artist’s studios
* nature walks including bird-watching and foraging expeditions
* young musicians in concert
* story telling, drumming, stand-up comics, artisan foods and much more – click here for the full programme
We are so lucky to have so much talent here on our doorstep. Hopefully visitors and locals will get involved and enjoy both Arts Festivals over the weekend. Of course there are other activities such as walking, historical, food tours and the harbour cruise if you would like to enjoy an hour on the water. For further info, check out Kinsale Advertiser‘s what’s on guide here.