3/4 Pearse St, Kinsale, Co. Cork, P17 NA72 Ireland
+353 (0) 21-477-2209
The Blue Haven is a stylish, nautical, AA 4 star boutique hotel, located in the heart of Kinsale, Irelands No 1 Foodie Town and awarded Winner for Best Boutique Hotel in Ireland in the Irish Hospitality Awards in 2017 and 2019. The Blue Haven is also a proud member of the Historic Hotels of Europe.
It is voted one of the top 20 seafood spots in Ireland, awarded an AA Rosette for culinary excellence, winner for best customer service, and one of the top ten live music venues in Ireland. The Blue Haven is a well-known culinary gem and its reputation for excellent food, friendly personal service and meticulous attention to detail will always ensure a visit to Kinsale is a special one. The Blue Haven has an array of dining options to choose from: a luxurious Bar, The Fish Market Bistro, The Newport Lounge, and the restaurant, cocktail and whiskey bar, Rare.
All dishes combine seasonal produce and fresh seafood from local shores, carefully prepared by a team of the best international chefs.
Experience the Gin and Tonic selection, Premium Whiskeys and The Ultimate Irish Coffee, whilst listening to great live music 7 nights a week in the bar. Plus, home baked cookies, King Koil pocket sprung beds, pillow menus, Apple TV’s, Dyson products, and Nespresso machines in each room. The Blue Haven prides itself in delivering the ultimate in friendly, efficient and personal service to its customers.
Historic Kinsale, originally a medieval fishing port, is one of the most picturesque, popular and historic towns on the southwest coast of Ireland and it has been hailed as the Gourmet Capital of Ireland.
The Blue Haven Hotel is built on the site of the Old Fish Market and Meat Market in the town dating back to 1784. Until the late eighteenth century the street the hotel is located on (Pearse Street) was an open waterway. This was covered over at the end of the 18th century to create the current street and the buildings that now form the hotel and surrounding wall date from this time.
Over 200 years later, Blue Haven now produces award-winning delicious gourmet food on the very site which was such a pivotal part of Kinsale fishing heritage.
Right at the start of the Wild Atlantic Way, an inspirational journey starting at The Blue Haven.
Awards & Accolades
- Member of the Historic Hotels of Europe.
- Best Boutique Hotel in the Irish Hospitality Awards 2017 and 2019
- AA 4 Star Property
- AA Culinary Rosette for The Fish Market Bistro
- Recommended by Lucinda O Sullivan
- Recommended by Georgina Campbell
- Recommended by John & Sally Mc Kenna in the “Where to Eat & Stay on the Wild Atlantic Way”
- Winner for Best Customer Service with the West Cork Business Awards 2019
- Munster Winner in Bord Bia’s ‘Eggs for Anytime’ 2019
- Voted as one of the top 20 Sassy Seafood Spots
- Voted as one of the top 20 Romantic spots in Ireland
- Winner of the Best Breakfast in Ireland with Gold Medal Awards 2017
- Finalist for Best Front of House Team with the Gold Medal Awards 2019
- Finalist for Ireland’s Guest Experience with the Gold Medal Awards
- Voted as one of the Fab 50 Best places to stay in 2018 with the Independent
Contact us today on +353 21 477 2209
Please make sure you tell Blue Haven Hotel that you found them on www.kinsale.ie