As the year draws to a close, we would like to take this opportunity to thank all our members for their support and contribution in making 2019 a very successful year for Kinsale.
Here are just some of the highlights and achievements….
- Welcomed 13 new members to the Chamber this year
- Weekly social media posts and updates on our website (>700,000 hits p.a) highlighting our members successes and achievements and promoting local events in order to encourage visitors to Kinsale
- New re-design of our website kinsale.ie has commenced and a new Christmas #shoplocal campaign was rolled out this year.
- Promoted 23 Kinsale festivals – Kinsale Veuve Clicquot Restaurant Week, Kinsale Street Feast, Fashion show, Watersports Inclusion Games and Kinsale Kids Kitchen Takeover to name just a few..
- Represented our members with Failte Ireland and Cork County Council on various topics
- Mussel Farm Representation
- Represented members on the Newstalk live broadcast – ‘Your Town Your Main Street’
- Chamber feature in “Doing Business in Kinsale” Magazine 2019/2020.
- Launched local link bus service between Kinsale & Bandon
- Created Shopping in Kinsale Magazine to showcase our retail members and recently launched The Kinsale Gift Card in association with One4All
- Hosted Networking Evening focused Crime Prevention & Training
- Finalist in West Cork Business & Tourism Awards 2019
- Bank of Ireland Enterprise Town Awards – Regional & National Winner for a 2nd year in a row! Showcased our town and brought all stakeholders together.
- Failte Ireland Platform for Growth phase 1 and phase 2 applications completed by Kinsale Chamber for Visitor Centre and parking initiative.
- Launch of Chamber initiative ‘Future Kinsale’
- Hosted on behalf of Chamber members several visiting groups to Kinsale including Northern Ireland Hotel Federation, Mid Ulster Tourism Collaborative Growth Programme, Newport Chef Exchange, Danish Government and Key Tourism Officials, Wild Atlantic Way Failte Ireland Team visit, 17 top International food writers and bloggers in Oct for Gourmet Weekend including Norwegian TV, Meitheal 2019 Key Tour Operator Visit, Ongoing visits from journalists, bloggers and media.
We look forward to supporting you and your business through an exciting 2020 !